The event provides the opportunity for cardiothoracic surgeons, allied health professionals and representatives from industry to come together to share scientific knowledge and help shape the future of cardiothoracic surgery.
After working on a highly successful event in 2021, EACTS reappointed Barley to support with the promotion of the 2022 Annual Meeting.
Hosted in the stunning Italian city of Milan, last year’s EACTS Annual Meeting proved to be yet another resounding success, uniting almost 5,000 delegates from 99 countries under one roof to explore the latest technological innovations and breakthroughs.
Insights and Approach
The Annual Meeting is always well-attended, but the surgical community’s calendar is populated with several other events for surgeons to attend. It was important for Barley to find new, creative pathways to emphasise the benefits of attending. These included:
- Designing fresh, branded assets to promote the Annual Meeting
- Creating a varied social media strategy, rich with organic and paid content
- Running a focused e-mail marketing campaign highlighting the world-class scientific programme
- Publishing EACTS News in the run-up to the Annual Meeting and three issues of the Daily News newspaper during the event, signposting attendees to the standout moments
- Working with Go Forth Films to create quality suitable for EACTS’ website, social media channels, the EACTS media library and the EACTS app
Our coordinated approach led to significant engagement and reach across multiple platforms, with the hashtag #EACTS2022 receiving a whopping 10.9M+ impressions.
We are looking forward to working with EACTS again this year to publicise the 37th EACTS Annual Meeting in Vienna.