Taking place in the stunning Austrian capital of Vienna, the 37th EACTS Annual Meeting was the most anticipated event in the 2023 cardiothoracic calendar.
This prestigious event brought together almost 5,000 attendees from 103 countries to explore the latest cutting-edge scientific breakthroughs.
The 37th EACTS Annual Meeting united cardiothoracic surgeons, allied health professionals and representatives from the industry to discover new approaches and methods to improve patient outcomes in cardiovascular and thoracic surgery across the globe.
Insights and Approach
Barley’s main aim throughout was to encourage as many delegates as possible to join the Annual Meeting and to ensure everyone was well informed about the opportunities that took place at the event.
Months of careful planning, working with EACTS colleagues and cardiothoracic surgeons, creative input and exceptional effort went into the support Barley gave EACTS before, during and after the Annual Meeting.
Our precise approach meant we supported every aspect in the communications strategy in respect of the renowned EACTS Annual Meeting; from registration to the extensive exhibition, compelling keynote lectures, wonderful Techno-College streams and debates on the latest clinical practice guidelines.
Our approach encompassed:
- Producing three editions of Daily News, which headlined to attendees the standout moments from each day
- Overseeing the communications and promotional messaging in the EACTS App during the event, which made navigating the magnificent Austria Center Vienna easier
- Promoting key articles from EACTS’ journals related to the sessions at the Annual Meeting
- Keeping the EACTS global audience up to date on all the latest happenings via EACTS ambassadors on various social media channels, including Instagram, X, LinkedIn and Facebook
- Working with Distant Future to create a campaign video for the event
- Working with GoForth to produce high-quality videos summarising the highlights of the event, suitable for YouTube
- Supporting an eye-catching email marketing campaign highlighting the world-class science on show
Our strategy reached professionals from all over the globe, with the #EACTS2023 receiving over 10,900 engagements and 2,650 posts. There were also 15,000 plus views of our EACTS highlight videos.
social media engagements
social media impressions
highlights video views