London’s iconic Borough Market is launching a comprehensive range of fresh produce and special occasion meal boxes available on subscription, along with three new gift hampers for food lovers across the UK. The new subscription service, available from 18th March, means that specially selected, high-welfare free-range fresh meat, fish, dairy and top-quality seasonal fruit and vegetables, along with baked goods and drinks from some of the Market’s best loved traders are now available nationwide for a single delivery fee.
Customers across London and throughout the UK who are keen to support independent traders from the world class food market can choose to subscribe to regular deliveries from a delicious range of fresh, sustainably sourced produce boxes or indulgent meal boxes. Ranging from Premium Meat and Michelin Star VIP Veg, to Family Brunch and Italian Supper, the boxes are priced from £25-£55 and available from http://ow.ly/pKKD30rFe04. Customers will have the option of adding extra items, including expertly paired fine wines from Cartwright Brothers Vintners.
There will also be a selection of four specially curated luxury gift hampers available for single purchase, priced between £50 and £100. Available here: http://ow.ly/gSdK30rFdZl.
Darren Henaghan, managing director at Borough Market said: “As London’s oldest food market, we are used to welcoming shoppers from across the capital - and the rest of the country - who come to buy the best UK and international produce from our expert independent traders. We know many customers haven’t been able to travel due to the pandemic in recent months, but these new subscription boxes mean that people can still get their favourite fresh meat, cheese, fish, fruit and veg and those special Borough Market treats wherever they live – and those who’ve read about us but never had the chance to pop in can now try some of our wonderful food.”
The Essentials – fresh produce subscription boxes:
- Turnips Michelin Star *** VIP Veg Box: Only VIP veg make it into this box. Packed full of seasonal produce that you’d expect to find in a Michelin star restaurant, these veggies allow for a little more creativity in the kitchen. Ideal for families of 4 – 6 (with adventurous palates).
- The Essentials box (available in 2 person or family sizes): Contains all the fresh, essential produce to keep your kitchen well stocked. Expertly selected by the Borough Market traders to provide your family with quality everyday eats for the week, featuring produce from Ted’s Veg, Stark’s Fruit and Veg, Bread Ahead Bakery and Neal’s Yard Dairy.
- The Borough Meat box (small or large): Create healthy, high-quality meals all week with locally-sourced meat boxes, including prime cuts of beef and fresh free-range chicken supplied by traders Northfield Farm Butchery and Wyndham House Poultry.
- The Family Veg Box: Packed with all the family favourites, this box will feed 4 for a week and showcases Borough Market’s veg from Turnips of Borough Market at its seasonal veggie best!
- The Essential Fruit and Veg Box (medium or large): Enjoy seasonal fruit & veg, handpicked by independent farmers across the UK and put together by Turnips of Borough Market.
- The Fundamental Fruit Box: Enjoy great-tasting fruit when it is ripe and ready. Ted’s Veg select the very best seasonal fruit so you get the freshest of the fresh.
- The Super Salad Box: Contains all the best salad suspects, from peppery radish to crisp celery. This box is perfect for creating delicious, fresh salads in minutes. Featuring world-class, locally grown vegetables from Turnips of Borough Market.
Meal subscription boxes:
- The Family Brunch Box: Create the ultimate brunch experience at home. Includes fresh croissants from Bread Ahead, sourdough bread from Artisan Foods, Glastonbury butter from Neal’s Yard Dairy, bacon from Northfield Farm Butchery, oak smoked salmon from Oak & Smoke and freshly squeezed orange juice from Stark’s Fruit & Veg.
- The Pancake Brunch Box: Everything you need to create the perfect pancake stack! Free range eggs from Stark’s Fruit & Veg, and finely milled flour from Bread Ahead create the lightest, fluffiest pancakes – perfect drizzled with orange blossom honey from Brindisa Spanish Foods and topped with fruit from Ted’s Veg.
- The Picnic Box: Stocked with all your favourite deli delights, this box turns a picnic in the park into an al fresco dining experience! Includes: the iconic mushroom pate from Pate Moi, charcuterie from Parma Ham & Mozzarella Stand, Bath Soft Cheese gift box and Noix de Jambon and Emmental from Une Normande A Londres. With the option to add craft beer from Utobeer or celebrate with the finest champagne from Cartwright Brothers.
- The Italian Supper Box: Pull out all the stops for your next date night, with authentic Italian delicacies including: Chianti from Cartwright Brothers, mammoth green Italian olives from Borough Olives, handmade pasta and traditional Italian tomato sauce from La Tua Pasta, Parmigiano Reggiano 30 months from Parma Ham & Mozzarella Stand and fresh basil from Ted’s Veg.
- The Borough Cheese & Wine Supper Box: Indulge in Borough Market’s finest cheeses with a mix of mild, creamy Cheddars and stronger, aged varieties from Bath Soft Cheese Co and Neal’s Yard Dairy. Expertly paired with a bottle of red from Cartwright Brothers, Rye Thins with seeds crackers from Karaway Bakery and grapes from Ted’s Veg.
- A range of Steak Night Boxes: Your choice of cut and complimenting sauce, matched with seasonal produce from Starks Fruiters… prepare to be wowed with this dinner combo!
- A range of Sunday Roast Boxes: Roast dinners will never be the same again with these convenient boxes containing either world-class lamb, beef, pork, chicken, or gammon from Borough’s best butchers. Paired with all the veg, gravy & trimmings you will need to perfect your Sunday roast.
- The Classic Best of Borough: This classic hamper, packed in a reusable hessian Borough Market bag, has something for everyone – from organic coffee from Monmouth Coffee Company, truffle crisps from Brindisa Spanish Foods, Turkish delight from Turkish Deli to smooth peanut butter from Butternut of London.
- The Classic PLUS: A food lover’s paradise including mushroom pate from Pate Moi, fresh cheeses from Heritage Cheese and Bath Soft Cheese Co., charcuterie from Parma Ham & Mozzarella Stand with plenty of sweet treats such as almond brittle from Food & Forest. With gourmet pasta from La Tua Pasta and loose-leaf tea from Tea2You, the trouble is knowing where to start…
- The Afternoon Tea Hamper: This indulgent hamper contains everything you need to enjoy afternoon tea at home in true Borough Market style, from freshly-baked cakes including Babka Buns from Bread Ahead, Blueberry Vatrushka from Karaway Baker, raspberry jam from Rosebud Preserves and loose-leaf tea from Tea2You. All beautifully packaged in a re-usable, hessian Borough bag, this hamper makes for a perfect gift or shared experience.
- The Savoury-Loving hamper: All the savoury nibbles to recreate an Aperitivo at home. A whirlwind tour of Borough Market for your taste buds, and a great gift for a savoury food fanatic!